Monday 29 December 2014

Luckiest Family Right now, Indonesian Family that missed boarding AirAsia QZ8501

Indonesian family who had been scheduled to take the missing Air Asia flight has told how they narrowly missed boarding after cancelling their holiday the day before.
Chandra Susanto was booked on flight QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore with his wife Inge Ferdiningsih and three children Christopher,10, Nadine, seven, and Felix, five, when his father became ill and they postponed the trip.
“It was a difficult decision to make because my son Christopher was so disappointed. He had been looking forward to the holiday for a long time,” Mr Susanto said.
Christopher cried when the family cancelled the four-day trip as the family had planned a visit to a water theme park.
The family had only heard about the missing flight when his sister called to see whether he and his wife were safe.
“I found out about the flight when my sister called me. She was so scared. She had seen the news on tv,” Mr Susanto told the Daily Mail Australia.
The family of five were among the 23 passengers who had booked seats on the flight but had failed to show.
Mr Susanto said while he was relieved to not have been on the flight, they were still extremely concerned about those still on board.
“I am very thankful to God for his mercy for me and my family. But I am so sad and very sorry for the people on the plane,” he said.
The flight was carrying 155 passengers on board, including 16 children and one infant.

No comments:

Post a Comment