Friday 2 January 2015

Happy New Year from the baddest granny on Instagram.

She may be 86 years old but that didn't stop the self-confessed 'baddest granny of Instagram' from ringing in 2015 in true party-girl style.

Helen Ruth Van Winkle, known to her cult following as Baddie Winkle, became an internet sensation after posting age-defying photos online
. 
The great grandmother from Williamstown, Kentucky, didn't disappoint her 545,000 followers over Christmas and New Year with her Instagram updates, which included snaps of her smoking, wearing 'bad gal' emblazoned clothing and donning marijuana-leaf glasses.
Another showed her wearing a T-shirt with the slogan 'Stealing your man since 1928' scrawled across it.
Baddie said she spent New Year's Eve with friends and family, having a 'ball'.
In one shot wearing a new T-shirt with the slogan 'stealing your man since 1928', Baddie shows off her cheeky attitude.


But what resolutions does Instagram's most popular great-grandmother plan on taking into 2015?
'To continue to decide to be happy, eat more chocolate, try more new things and do a cool reality series on how to be a baddie!', Baddie says.
Born in 1928 in Glomar, Kentucky, Baddie led a relatively normal life until her later years when she discovered her 'bad' self.

Baddie explains that her bad grandma persona only began when she was playing around taking photos with her great-granddaughter, Kennedy.
'My great-granddaughter and I were having some fun. I love to have fun. I had no idea posting photos of myself would be so funny. When we posted my first photo I was amazed at the huge following I received on Instagram.
'I really enjoy it now. I have something to look forward to each day and it helps to inspire others young and old. I get to make others laugh and not take life so seriously.
'I am absolutely amazed about the amount of publicity I have received from my postings. I am blown away but I love it and each day I look to see how many more followers I have received.
'It's a great feeling knowing I'm impacting others lives but in reality the love and sweet words make my life much better. It really helps me more than I am helping others.' 




No comments:

Post a Comment